Thursday, November 12, 2009

Mexico preview

... isn't he a cutie!?

In July, I went on a medical mission trip with health providers from my church to Rojo Gomez, Mexico. In this impoverished community, most families do not receive medical attention as the nearest government clinic is very expensive, located far away, and only sees 20 patients per day. Our team provided a medical/dental/pharmacy health clinic for about 200 patients in one afternoon. I volunteered in the pharmacy section, but in between seeing patients I also got to play and interact with the kids! They loved playing games, balloon animals, bubbles, and especially my camera! Even the shy children were fascinated by seeing their faces on the camera screen, making it easier for doctors to connect with them as well. Just an amazing experience for me, both as a future health car provider and a photographer, to serve and love others in the same way that Jesus Christ loves us. I hope to go back in the coming months!

0 comments: